Design Your Digital Classroom


I have just returned from the Illinois Computing Educators Conference where I had the opportunity to facilitate a full day session titled Design Your Digital Classroom. This session wasn't about the ratio of students to machines, nor was it a prescription for using one type of technology.  The focus was on how to use technology as a tool for learning to support all learners in the 24/7 classroom. The participants were dedicated, innovative educators from across the state of Illinois, each bringing their own expertise and needs to the group. Each leaving excited about something that worked for them. Differentiated instruction and flexible learning paths work for everyone!

Here are the resources I put together for this day.



How to use this interactive graphic:
Click on the small circle next to Slideshow to view a linear presentation of the big concepts OR click on the small circle associated with each idea to view more information and find resources on my wiki.


Digital Differentiation Webinar Series in June






8 comments

Soundas like a great session, sorry I missed it. I will spend some time with theses materials and appreciate the cc license. Hope to see you next year at ice.

Reply

What a fun way to display this information. You weren't kidding when you said you had enough material here to teach for 30 days. See you on Twitter, Susan.

Reply

This is excellent. I'm sharing it with my preservice teachers later in the month. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Reply

Wow. I am going to have to use these resources!! So exciting. Thanks for sharing!

Fun is Found in Fourth

Reply

Becca,
Glad to here these resources will be useful to you!

Reply

Just wondering, I have just discovered your blog and resources and you are my new Idol

can you tell me though, what tool are you using to create your original image? for example the compiled image above? I am not finding that info. are you using an image editor?

Reply

Hello Alexis, thank you for the kind words.

The interactive image was created with ThingLink, a free tool that happens to be one of my favorites! You can find several articles and examples of ThingLink by using the search box on this blog, but perhaps a good place to start would be to check out the post at http://bit.ly/LpupCn. There you will find an introduction and a playlist of resources that should be enough to get you going. Please note: ThingLink is constantly working to develop new features and you can now choose from a variety of different nubbins, or icons, to quickly identify types of links for differentiation.

Stay tuned to this blog for more ThingLink examples and do try it. You will be amazed at how easy it is.

Reply

Cool!!! I wanna try that out during my school break

Reply

Share